- RSS Channel Showcase 6123914
- RSS Channel Showcase 1732827
- RSS Channel Showcase 3172768
- RSS Channel Showcase 5808909
Articles on this Page
- 06/27/14--02:08: _Supervisors with Pa...
- 06/27/14--02:08: _ROV Pilot
- 06/27/14--02:08: _Another comediene...
- 06/27/14--02:08: _SEATECHS LIMITED - ...
- 06/27/14--02:08: _Atlas Professionals...
- 06/27/14--02:08: _Triton XLX Supervis...
- 06/27/14--02:08: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 06/28/14--02:39: _Shift Supervisor / ...
- 06/28/14--02:39: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 06/28/14--02:39: _Another comediene...
- 06/28/14--02:39: _The search for MH-370
- 06/28/14--02:39: _List of Agencys dea...
- 06/28/14--02:39: _New HMRC tax regula...
- 06/29/14--03:04: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 06/29/14--03:04: _New HMRC tax regula...
- 06/29/14--03:04: _Another comediene...
- 06/30/14--03:45: _New HMRC tax regula...
- 06/30/14--03:45: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 06/30/14--03:45: _Bad conditions on v...
- 07/02/14--03:30: _Sealion personnel r...
- 06/27/14--02:08: Supervisors with Panther experience required
- 06/27/14--02:08: ROV Pilot
- 06/27/14--02:08: Another comediene...
- 06/27/14--02:08: SEATECHS LIMITED - ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS 26/06/14
- 06/27/14--02:08: Atlas Professionals - Urgent Requirements - ROV & Trench
- 06/27/14--02:08: Triton XLX Supervisor - Malaysia
- 06/27/14--02:08: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 06/28/14--02:39: Shift Supervisor / Trenching Supervisor
- 06/28/14--02:39: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 06/28/14--02:39: Another comediene...
- 06/28/14--02:39: The search for MH-370
- 06/28/14--02:39: List of Agencys dealing with Rov Personnel !
- 06/28/14--02:39: New HMRC tax regulations.
- 06/29/14--03:04: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 06/29/14--03:04: New HMRC tax regulations.
- 06/29/14--03:04: Another comediene...
- 06/30/14--03:45: New HMRC tax regulations.
- 06/30/14--03:45: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 06/30/14--03:45: Bad conditions on vessle
- 07/02/14--03:30: Sealion personnel required - 07th July UAE
Good morning gentlemen!
We are currently looking for Supervisors with Panther experience for a project in the UAE, mob date ASAP. Duration 6-8 weeks.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client is currently seeking 2 ROV Pilots to start immediately in the North Sea.
Schilling UHD/Triton experience.
Valid offshore certificates.
1 reference minimum from a previous employer.
Scope : Construction
Grahame Dean email@example.com
T: +44 (0) 20 3740 3777 | Mobile: 07740412383
Millbank Tower |21-24 Millbank | London | SW1P 4QP
I see no reason not to name and shame those agencies trying to offer totally unreasonable rates. Yes! there will be some flak no doubt, but if a company is named and true/offerred rate quoted then I see no issue with it.
As mentioned earlier, Company names and details yes, no naming of individual persons and all will be OK.
A new thread has just been started for this very purpose as it will have little impact tacked onto this topic.
Please go to: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
For all vacancies, please visit www.seatechs.com
JOB REF: ST/14/1330 SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Start Date: Early August
Duration 4:4 Rotations
Project/Activity: Giri Project- Installation of subsea clamps and I tubes to FPSO
Certification: BOSIET & OGUK Medical plus yellow fever vaccination
Comments: Must have previous Bridge experience.
JOB REF ST/14/1331 SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Start Date: 1st July 2014
Duration: 2 weeks- possibly 4
Location : Norway
Project/Activity: BOYLA- Trenching
Certification: Norwegian Survival & OGUK Medical
Comments: Must have previous Bridge experience.
If you are interested and feel you meet the minimum requirements, please contact seatechs on +44 (0)1429 868543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the relevant reference number.
Good afternoon all,
Please find below a list of our current urgent requirements in Norway and Germany:
1) Shift Supervisor Required - 01.07.2014 for approx one month - Project: Jet Trenching of Thermoplastic Cable - Trencher in use: Q1000 - Location: Norway (Norwegian Certs required) - Vessel: Norwegian Flagged
2) Trenching Supervisor Required - 01.07.2014 until 16.07.2014 - Project: Jet Trenching of Thermoplastic Cable - Trencher in use: Q1000 - Location: Norway (Norwegian Certs required) - Vessel: Norwegian Flagged
3) Shift Superintendent Required - 01.07.2014 for 2 weeks - Project: Trenching ops - Trencher & ROV: PT1 / Supporter - Location: Germany
4) 2 x Trenching Pilot Techs (Mech) Required - 01.07.2014 - 5 weeks - Project: Trenching / PLIB ops - Trencher: CMR4 - Location: Norway
5) ROV Pilot Tech Required - 01.07.2014 - 2/4 Weeks - Project: Survey & Construction - ROV: Schilling UHD - Location Norway
If you are interested and available, please send your CV to email@example.com for more information.
In addition to my previous post, we also require a Triton XLX Supervisor for a 40 - 45 Day (+/-) trip offshore Malaysia.
Details are as follows:
Position: ROV Supervisor
ROV: Triton XLX
Project Scope: IRM
Duration: 40 - 45 days (+/-)
Crew Change Date: 07.07.2014
If you are interested and available, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to hear from you soon!
Like it !
Phil Hargreaves is proud to introduce Bryant Hargreaves Subsea Division, part of Bryant Group Ltd : privately owned recruitment experts whom have been involved in the Oil & Gas industry for 30+ years.
We are recruiting for two roles based in Norwegian waters.
Our client are looking to recruit an experienced Shift Supervisor for Norwegian based ops starting on the 1st of July for approximately one month.
Must hold Norwegian Survival, OGUK or Norwegian medical and appropriate qualifications.
We are also looking to recruit an experienced Trenching Supervisor for Norwegian based ops starting on the 1st of July for approximately 15 days, again must hold Norwegian Survival, OGUK or Norwegian medical and appropriate qualifications.
Applications enclosing up to date CV to email@example.com
Look forward to hearing from you, thanks Phil
Philip Hargreaves FIRP
Bryant Hargreaves Subsea Division
440 Union Street
|It is the norm (with agencies I have used in the past) for them to pay all salary and expenses then claim it from their client. If the client does not pay then it is up to the agency to deal with it not you. In fact, it is nothing to do with you since your contract is with the agency. This protection is one major reason guys like us use agencies in the first place.|
Unfortunately NOT the norm.
Global Energy/Marris do not pay their contractors expenses until they have received them from their client. BEWARE, when the client is Saipem, this could up to 3 months later!!!
We are currently looking for Supervisors with Panther experience for a project in the UAE, duration 6-8 weeks. Mob ASAP.
Day rate is flat, $720.
If you are available and have interest, please send me your up to date CV in word format ASAP.
Offshore Consultant at Indepth-International
That day rte sure is FLAT, they even tell you that
I see Fugro Equator is conducting the survey work further South in the search for the Malaysian Airlines flight 370.
I wonder if anyone is/has tendered for the salvage work yet once the wreckage is located?
That's if it is not too deep of course.
Feel free to PM me.
Your name was missed out for a reason Ivoffshore due to the silly low rates you offer however I have a feeling your name is going to be in the new topic
" Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!) "
But your not alone there are more and more agency's trying to make a fast buck , But we are not talking about a buck or two its more like a few hundred, We know this because I speak to many of your clients and know what there paying .
Look on HMRC's website for details including the residential status test that the new ruling is set around. If the test shows you non resident then you get paid gross. For resident guys tax is taken at source but can be claimed back under the Seafarer's deduction provided you fulfill the requirements for this.
Alternatively you could do what a number of UK agencies are doing, use a pay company like Armada to ensure you are paid gross. If you do this yourself it will cost you but if you use certain agencies they cover the cost for you.
I've just been dealt a suprise on expenses.
Orion Engineering (Agency - UK based) have just advised that it is their 'policy' not to pay VAT on expenses. I'm chasing it up as this is the first time I have ever experienced that!
VAT is nothing other than sales tax. Does that mean they would also not pay the sales tax element incurred in other parts of the world!
If I pay for something in full (including VAT) and it is a valid expense then it should be re-embursed in full IMHO!
It's not a lot of money, but the principle needs tackling. I will take it up with them for sure.
This is based on HMRC trying to stamp out what they term as 'False Self Employment'
So, with that in mind, you can see why the rules are shaping up the way they are. The idea of not being employed (neither PAYE or operating under a Ltd co) is what they want rid of.
I'm reasonably sure that to be paid gross you would need to invoice the UK agency under a Ltd company. It seems, from an HMRC perspective, that the company does not need to be UK registered. I had this very discussion offshore (N Sea) with a colleague of mine (based in Asia) last trip. This is pretty much how he saw it also.
Currently it seems that UK agencies are wetting their pants at the changes, as 1)They were brought into force a year sooner than expected and 2) It does appear to put them on the hook for taxes if they get it wrong. This has made them overly cautious overnight.
For that reason I have been hearing (as in here-say) that UK agencies will only take people on if they are Ltd co or PAYE. Certainly that seems to be the case for work in the UK sector.
As for UK ex-pats with proven non residency living and working overseas for a UK agency, it would appear to HMRC as acceptable that you would be paid gross, but as suggested it's a grey area that many UK based agencies will simply not take a risk on.
I do anticipate the list of agencies diminishing somewhat, over the coming years, as many realise that the quick easy buck they thought they were going to make might not be quite so quick and easy!
That rate that Indepth ''claim ''is fixes is B/S the client is NPCC and they will pay $800 , yes i know its not wonderful ,, the main problem is that a ''Middle eastern '' haggle mentality of the souk has taken hold with certain agencies and the client companies , several times recently i have held out for the correct rate and also pointed out the rate that other people working at the same company are earning and also what is published online that has strengthened the negotiating position .
I went to the Big offshore show at the excel in london back in May and was amazed at some of the agencies representatives at some of the stalls ,, they came accross more like '' dodgy estate agents'' or '' double glazing salesmen '' than informed concerned professionals . the ignorance and also blatent B/S was infantile .
Some UK agents now require a LTD invoice even if you live in Asia to be paid its not a hazzle at all it costs around 3% of your day rate depending on the LTD ccompany you use and its tax free hazzle free.
Some agents will pay you gross if they know you have been out of the system for some time.
Just be carefull and it depends on how much the agent deals with the NON Resident Expats.
Its something you need to learn but one major agency told me they have some new forms to fill out but just stay clear of any documentation really for safest option LTD invoices are the way to go no details apart from name and bank details and your agents name not even need addresses.
Norway needs more clear information but many can still use LTD invoice and claim extra pay and still no deductions.
|Orion Engineering (Agency - UK based) have just advised that it is their 'policy' not to pay VAT on expenses. I'm chasing it up as this is the first time I have ever experienced that!|
This makes no sense whatsoever. I am sure they only informed you of this after you submitted the expenses right?
Thanks for the warning.
Agencies like that should not be allowed to operate.
Thanks. All good advise. Cant say too much but they have refused to do anything about it . Guys complain but most are spineless and are prepared to grin and bare it
Good morning gentlemen!
Please see below our current requirements:
Roles: SPVs and PTs
Starting date: 07th July
Period: 60 days
Please send Cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org