- RSS Channel Showcase 8423147
- RSS Channel Showcase 1748936
- RSS Channel Showcase 2894594
- RSS Channel Showcase 9261747
Articles on this Page
- 03/03/16--19:40: _GENTLEMEN! , YOUR V...
- 03/03/16--19:40: _MINI ROV NEEDED NORWAY
- 03/03/16--19:40: _ROV search
- 03/03/16--19:40: _Maritech Consultant...
- 03/03/16--19:40: _ROV Pilot-Tech needed
- 03/03/16--19:40: _RDS Talent - This C...
- 03/04/16--20:30: _ROV Pilot-Tech needed
- 03/04/16--20:30: _RDS Talent - This C...
- 03/05/16--20:37: _Who left the industry?
- 03/05/16--20:37: _RDS Talent - This C...
- 03/08/16--21:26: _Advice for new begi...
- 03/09/16--21:27: _Advice for new begi...
- 03/09/16--21:27: _RDS Talent - This C...
- 03/10/16--21:46: _RDS Talent - This C...
- 03/10/16--21:46: _Agencies..........
- 03/13/16--23:27: _Funny Job Offer by ...
- 03/14/16--23:52: _Funny Job Offer by ...
- 03/15/16--23:57: _Seabotix parts thru...
- 03/15/16--23:57: _Used T4 manipulator...
- 03/19/16--01:30: _IMCA INFO NOTE
- 03/03/16--19:40: GENTLEMEN! , YOUR VIEWS ARE SOUGHT! !!
- 03/03/16--19:40: MINI ROV NEEDED NORWAY
- 03/03/16--19:40: ROV search
- 03/03/16--19:40: Maritech Consultants ceased trading
- 03/03/16--19:40: ROV Pilot-Tech needed
- 03/03/16--19:40: RDS Talent - This Changes Everything!
- 03/04/16--20:30: ROV Pilot-Tech needed
- 03/04/16--20:30: RDS Talent - This Changes Everything!
- 03/05/16--20:37: Who left the industry?
- 03/05/16--20:37: RDS Talent - This Changes Everything!
- 03/08/16--21:26: Advice for new beginner in ROV business
- 03/09/16--21:27: Advice for new beginner in ROV business
- 03/09/16--21:27: RDS Talent - This Changes Everything!
- 03/10/16--21:46: RDS Talent - This Changes Everything!
- 03/10/16--21:46: Agencies..........
- 03/13/16--23:27: Funny Job Offer by Email Today
- 03/14/16--23:52: Funny Job Offer by Email Today
- 03/15/16--23:57: Seabotix parts thruster ICC embedded electronic, joystik...
- 03/15/16--23:57: Used T4 manipulator for sale
- 03/19/16--01:30: IMCA INFO NOTE
Here is some more stuff that is new to this industry. Had 2 months left on a medical and could not get the 3 week job till I renewed it. Just missed out on a 4 week job today because the agency contacted a bunch of guys to get there visa's the first 5 to get it got the job. Got mine a day late. Any one else run into this yet?
If you think the 'Moby Dick' ROV is hydrodynamic, then I'd question the validity of all the other claims... It looks like a flying brick...
we are using various deeptrekkers here in norway where it can get pretty rough, we have no problems within reason when it comes to dealing with strong currents. The people we are working with get a big surprise when they see the deeptrekker in action.
As for the controller, it's perfect for an ROV of it's class the video output is very good quality. we often connect it to a 12" screen if it's available on the boat but you don't need to. Also there is a cool small DVR which you can connect to the controller for recording.
I've been very impressed with the deeptrekker along with everyone else in the aquaculture industry in norway.
I have just heard that one more agency has ceased trading please see attachment .
Hi Giampiero...are you too in the deep shit?
I had an account on RDS Talent... I did manage to find the login page URL and remove all my certificates and personal docs and info from there.. Don't know if it is affected by the hack but better safe than sorry
I got an SSL error (This certificate has expired or is not yet valid.) but manage to login
here is the URL for those of you that had an account on RDS Talent and want
to access their submitted data
Good luck buddy, let's hope for better days
This is just an update if you guys that registered an account worry about your data. The corporate website and the user profile system are two different systems and run on different servers. Hackers are interested in publicity and want there info up on sites with most traffic. As someone mention also, our software team are currently working on revamping the TalentXP system and this can result in some SSL errors. These should be resolved shortly.
Also, for you information, the data and userinfo you have at our servers are encrypted with a 512 bit algorithm that most secure sites and banks use today.... Ok, enough tech talk....
What we guaranty is that R.D.S Talent are alive and kicking during these dark times in the industry as we have reduced our footprint and went into "survival mode". All our policies are still the same and we cant wait to prove it to you once the industry picks it self up. We do actually have 3 live requirements at the moment should you feel like working a bit
1. Fiberoptic jointers with UJ & PGU certs
2. OIM with fiber optic cable repair, lay and ploughing experience
3. Deck hands with fiber optic cable and repair experience
The client have informed us that Asians, or people that resides in Asia are preferred.
Let our lead personnel coordinator Mr. Ben Perry know if you are interested at email@example.com
Our sincere apology if this gave someone a scare.
I know 4 people who have properly retired , 2 who are sitting it out in pre retirement and 6 others who have started new careers onshore and they are happy doing 9-5 so unlikely to return when things turn round ,
and several agencies that have passed away unlamented .
I would say good luck but in the end .............. You are still an agency. Your data base will still be filled out with Non experienced personnel trying to get a job by any means ............ On the sidelines to push if necessary even if it makes a few dollars and not large amounts of profit. It will be a Business and not a non profit charity competing with all the other agencies of which some have been around for the last 25 years with load more contacts and now trusted for one reason or another ..... Mainly the day rate , Paid on time and looked after before during and end of Contract.
The good thing that happens when our industry goes 'Titsup' is that 'ROV schools' and agencies go down the pan when it gets tough and ROV Operators go direct to the Freelancer which means more money in our pockets ......... Not yours !
It was came to my intention of setting business in providing services using small or micro ROV. the objective is to provide services not for just for oil & gas but refer to others industry that useful.
Since my experience is still on the surface, I would like to "hear" from most of you about experience, challenges, current charge rate of providing this service to various industry.
Hope to hear from you'll
Thanks and have a nice day
Why would anyone who has gained this information through hard work, years of experience and sacrifice share it for free?
I do not think it is a reasonable request.
Honestly, if you have to ask, best to start another business.
Well, as the original message was 15 months ago and their website still has
|As RDS Talent is still in a pre launch state, certain functionality like the Login / Register, Vacancies etc are not yet operational. Our software team are working on getting all our web and smartphone applications up before the 2015 high season...|
I would suspect that they are either rushed off their feet or have been unable to find any work for the talented pool of people. If you have jobs available, why aren't they on your website.
Why does your website have full contact details including an actual physical address, rather than a form to fill in for info. It's stuff like that that makes people suspicious and not trust companies and agencies.
It would appear the website is based in Dublin, Ireland, the company appears to be based in Bangkok, Thailand, Ben Perry CertRP
Business Development Manager / Senior Recruitment Consultant at RDS Talent Co. Ltd used to work at Subserve Pro as a recruiter.
So ................ In a Nut shell , Just another Agency with dubious addresses and suspect payment bank base !
some agencies that used to have a dozen staff or more now only have a couple due to cutbacks so they ''NEED'' free help from somewhere ??? ,,,,,,,DOH!!!!!
Sadly someone will take it. There are a load of people spent a lot of money on courses and want to get in. Although how they will get experienced guys at that rate not sure. I worked in a zoo with big cats once does that count?
With the Divers requirement gets me a 3.1U costs 5000USD + to get that cert plus costs of location and hotels etc and a Diving cert costs thousands more as well for a Part 1 HSE or ADAS Part 3 or similar Cert etc. And to work normally as a 3.1U you would be experienced Bubble Head as well to get the job in the first place not on your first dive.
But its the Dream of going in Sat which keeps those rates down longer these days as you need to do twice as much experience before doing your Sat Ticket there is no other reason why someone would take that job even if you come from the poorest of countries a 3.1U cost 5000USD the same dollars everyone uses.
Could you email me with further information and appreciate. Cost ? Have any pics ? Martinoengraving@aol.com. thank you. Harvest
Please send info to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMCA are unintenialy supporting a scam that makes a couple of training companies money supplying so called IMCA ROV competencies ,,,i was talking with IMCA representatives about this Issue at the Oceanology show last week and they seemed unaware or complacent of what is going on ,
MTCS and others have teams of sales people visiting companies worldwide
and persauding them that they have the holy writ from IMCA .
Industry personnel Pilots. techs , supervisors are now at the mercy of this pernicious blackmail ,, pay up for an IMCA Competency Certificate from MTCS or you dont work ,,,,,,,
ANDY B What do IMCA have to say about that .....