- RSS Channel Showcase 2453525
- RSS Channel Showcase 4737860
- RSS Channel Showcase 5171790
- RSS Channel Showcase 7367546
Articles on this Page
- 07/17/14--10:25: _**ROV Pilot techs R...
- 07/17/14--10:25: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 07/17/14--10:25: _Offshore Constructi...
- 07/18/14--10:33: _SEATECHS LIMITED - ...
- 07/18/14--10:33: _URGENT - ROV Superv...
- 07/18/14--10:33: _Hi all.
- 07/18/14--10:33: _"New member"
- 07/18/14--10:33: _Max speed of vessel...
- 07/18/14--10:33: _On an agency contract
- 07/18/14--10:33: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 07/19/14--10:51: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 07/19/14--10:51: _On an agency contract
- 07/19/14--10:51: _Max speed of vessel...
- 07/20/14--11:16: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 07/20/14--11:16: _Max speed of vessel...
- 07/20/14--11:16: _Terminating a stren...
- 07/21/14--11:30: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 07/21/14--11:30: _Going Congo
- 07/21/14--11:30: _Max speed of vessel...
- 07/22/14--12:23: _Poor Agency Rates! ...
- 07/17/14--10:25: **ROV Pilot techs ROV Supervisors Carousel Techs WANTED**
- 07/17/14--10:25: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 07/17/14--10:25: Offshore Construction Specialist x2
- 07/18/14--10:33: SEATECHS LIMITED - ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (17/07/14)
- 07/18/14--10:33: URGENT - ROV Supervisor
- 07/18/14--10:33: Hi all.
- 07/18/14--10:33: "New member"
- 07/18/14--10:33: Max speed of vessel whilst TMS in water
- 07/18/14--10:33: On an agency contract
- 07/18/14--10:33: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 07/19/14--10:51: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 07/19/14--10:51: On an agency contract
- 07/19/14--10:51: Max speed of vessel whilst TMS in water
- 07/20/14--11:16: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 07/20/14--11:16: Max speed of vessel whilst TMS in water
- 07/20/14--11:16: Terminating a strength member in a tow cable
- 07/21/14--11:30: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
- 07/21/14--11:30: Going Congo
- 07/21/14--11:30: Max speed of vessel whilst TMS in water
- 07/22/14--12:23: Poor Agency Rates! (Name & Shame Section!)
We are working with several clients who are ramping up their ROV operations with positions starting August, September, October, November.
Theres a variety of project scopes, ROVs (Workclass & observation) and clients to work with on either a long term of ad hoc basis.
Locations include UK, Norway, Egypt, Brazil, China, West Africa.
If you would like to find out more please call +44 (0) 1423 526 902 for a confidential discussion and more information.
Or email your contact details to ROV@larsongroup.co.uk for a call back.
Spot on K2 , Go Direct if you can but like we have both said don't believe any thing they say its there job to get you offshore and earning them money and they will tell you any thing , Because once your offshore your screwed if you walk off or down tools as a few have done in the past your end up with nothing plus having to pay your own flights back .
So in the end as projects requirements arise make them public that way people can go direct if them wish .As for thinking going via a agency gives you protection its very clear that may not be the case after reading many of the topics on this forum .
Going via a agency means your working for them and not for the company so should there be a problem you should get paid .Its up to the agency to get there money out of the company but its clear that is not the case .
But I think the main word is more transparency but that's never going to happen .
Offshore Construction Specialist x2
UK or Norway (dependent on position)
Dear Sir or Madam,
Bryant Subsea Division are currently recruiting for two Offshore Construction Specialists on behalf of a massive international blue chip client
1. Offshore Construction Specialist (first position): This requires Snr pipe lay, umbilical experience upon heavy construction vessels. It starts on 30/07/14, 4 week trip in Norway based on a large vessel hence the experience base. (She is one of the most advanced vessels built according to SPS rules 2010 / 2011- a vessel of the future / 400T Crane, 3000 meter wire, extremely fast manoeuvring response.) circa £700 +/- per day.
2. Offshore Construction Specialist (second position): This requires DP vessel & cable lay experience working within the 12 mile radius UK. We require a Shift Supervisor type operative to be placed straight to the bridge and manage that during lay operations. This starts 22/07/14 for four weeks. FYI Its a 2006 Sealion Toisa / l 6,000 BHP - Multi-Purpose Offshore Support Vessel circa £700 +/- per day.
Please confirm which position is of interest (or both) and lodge with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you, many thanks, Phil Hargreaves & Team
Closing date for applications is the 1st of August 2014
Bryant Subsea Division Recruitment Team
Bryant Subsea Division
440 Union Street
T: 01224 643736
F: 01224 656000
FOR ALL CURRENT VACANCIES, PLEASE VISIT WWW.SEATECHS.COM
JOB REF: ST14-1342 - ELECTRICAL ROV SUPERVISOR
Start Date: Circa 06/08/14
Duration: Approx 5 weeks, with the possibility of 4:4 rotations until December 14
Location: UK Waters (within CIS Limit)
Project/Activity: Wind Farm
Equipment: Work Class ROV
Certification: Offshore Medical & Survival, plus relevant trade certification
Comments: Our client is looking to appoint an experienced ROV Supervisor, with good working knowledge of work class ROVs
If you are interested and feel you meet the minimum requirements, please contact Seatechs on +44 (0)1429 868543 or email email@example.com quoting the relevant reference number
Mobilise: Sunday 20th June
ROV: Schilling UHD
Please contact Guy Hames on 01423 526902 or ROV@Larsongroup.co.uk for more information.
Please explain to this guy who did a course and who is offering his services for FREE and still cant get a trainee job :-
Hi - I have a former marine, avail now FOR FREE (UNPAID!) ROV PILOT WORK EXPERIENCE with all nec certifications, BOSIET, MIST, Offshore Med, as well as electric, electronic and hydraulic courses.
This is just one of the many people that I have seen on Linkedin and other rov web sites .
Like I have said to you many times " You were in the right place at the right time "
Please also note these courses are not mandatory If you have the right back ground in electronics or hydraulics any main line rov operator will hire you and put you through one of there own in house training programs for FREE .
Welcome SJvdW to Rov world sorry it would seem that no body replied to you so thought I would say " Hi "
Yes like you say there are many Topics on the site regarding finding employment in the Rov industry if you read " ROV Rookie Corner " That should point you in the right direction .
Many of the members on the site have many years of experience so should you have any questions please ask away .
There are a few things to consider but you don't give any detail. I suggest you let your supervisor assess the situation and make any decisions.
You don't give enough information for anyone to advise you? You won't have an issue getting home for compassionate reasons but if you don't like the colour of the ROV buoyancy then going home will be problematic.
Like lambs to the slaughter !
By the way, I would be happy to assist in any way to run above mentioned database. It's something I could get real anal about.
Yes its to late now his screwed .
ya I was pretty sure he was trolling as well.
Wheat and Chaff
Unless of course this IS the "Supervisor" lol
aha, yes, thank makes sense, thanks Ray. You're right, my cable only has the outer, then kevlar, then the inner conductors.
I will also look into the Kellums grips, thanks
Good link Ray. I scanned through the Data Protection Act and there are about three circumstance where a body can refuse to provide data but none of these apply in our circumstances.
Regarding charges for provision of data, pay nothing. One of my experiences required two years of paper bank statements, the bank requested £1/sheet so I dropped them a letter with reference to the Data Protection Act and received all statements swiftly with no charge. I have never paid anything to obtain data including one body who I sent monthly requests to. Never been refused data either and all information requested was supplied within 30 days (seems this has changed to 40 days in the link).
The simple solution is to never accept a rate you aren't happy with. If you are happy then you should have no cause to go digging. If you do wish to obtain a copy of the client invoice try asking the agency, you never know. If you do use the DPA 1998 ask yourself what you will do with your findings bearing in mind you accepted the contract in the first place. Will be interesting to hear if anyone uses this method and also to hear of their findings.
I want to enquire how safe it is to go offshore in Congo ?
From last 2 years i was working in Middle east,
Although despite of safety issues and work culture you don't have to worry about terrorism or Malaria.
Now someone has offered me a job in Congo and i saw UK travel advice is not very good regarding Congo so want second opinion.
'To transit hanging off the umbilical is not a done thing normally '
Actually it is a standard operating procedure and is very common. Not sure where you have been working?
You are correct in that individual circumstances will govern any decision of speed and there can be much to consider or very little to consider depending on the evolution and scenario.
Probably best for anyone who wants to know, to chat with their Supervisor - provided their Supervisor has the necessary experience, which is not always the case these days
We used to transit at 2 to 3 kts in the helcom area of the Baltic, recovery because of washdown wasn't practical at all. That was with a workclass and top hat TMS
Recent offers turned down:
SOS - Client rep £550-600
Orion - ROV supervisor £50k p.a.
Interesting that some agencies seem real keen to offer what they think are good jobs. They are genuinely surprised when these are turned down. Sometimes wonder how much knowledge of the industry they have.
Hasten to add, these are just two jobs, the agencies may have better opportunities but first impressions and all that.........