Articles on this Page
- 01/30/16--23:32: _Whats going on here?
- 01/30/16--23:32: _ROVPR Middle East Pay
- 01/30/16--23:32: _New second generati...
- 02/01/16--00:11: _Free swimmer
- 02/02/16--00:45: _Free swimmer
- 02/03/16--00:46: _SMD QUASAR EXPERIEN...
- 02/03/16--00:46: _Free swimmer
- 02/03/16--00:46: _ROVPR Middle East Pay
- 02/04/16--01:32: _SMD QUASAR EXPERIEN...
- 02/05/16--01:53: _Surveyors/ data pro...
- 02/05/16--01:53: _Free swimmer
- 02/06/16--01:53: _Free swimmer
- 02/07/16--02:31: _Sea Eye 600 ROV SYS...
- 02/08/16--02:44: _GENTLEMEN! , YOUR V...
- 02/11/16--03:12: _GENTLEMEN! , YOUR V...
- 02/12/16--03:28: _GENTLEMEN! , YOUR V...
- 02/19/16--04:15: _Got this Email this...
- 02/19/16--04:15: _Who left the industry?
- 02/19/16--04:15: _Shilling T4 and Rig...
- 02/19/16--04:15: _Sea Eye 600 ROV SYS...
- 01/30/16--23:32: Whats going on here?
- 01/30/16--23:32: ROVPR Middle East Pay
- 01/30/16--23:32: New second generation Schilling master controllers for sale
- 02/01/16--00:11: Free swimmer
- 02/02/16--00:45: Free swimmer
- 02/03/16--00:46: SMD QUASAR EXPERIENCE PERSONNEL REQUIRED
- 02/03/16--00:46: Free swimmer
- 02/03/16--00:46: ROVPR Middle East Pay
- 02/04/16--01:32: SMD QUASAR EXPERIENCE PERSONNEL REQUIRED
- 02/05/16--01:53: Surveyors/ data processors needed
- 02/05/16--01:53: Free swimmer
- 02/06/16--01:53: Free swimmer
- 02/07/16--02:31: Sea Eye 600 ROV SYSTEM & SCANNING SONAR
- 02/08/16--02:44: GENTLEMEN! , YOUR VIEWS ARE SOUGHT! !!
- 02/11/16--03:12: GENTLEMEN! , YOUR VIEWS ARE SOUGHT! !!
- 02/12/16--03:28: GENTLEMEN! , YOUR VIEWS ARE SOUGHT! !!
- 02/19/16--04:15: Got this Email this morning,
- 02/19/16--04:15: Who left the industry?
- 02/19/16--04:15: Shilling T4 and Rigmaster
- 02/19/16--04:15: Sea Eye 600 ROV SYSTEM & SCANNING SONAR
Food for thoughts guys. This is a free forum. I'm sure the admins are doing what they can.
Validating manually is likely too time consuming.
I personally am more annoyed about all the "I'm new to ROVs, how can I get a job?" posts.
DT AMANDA apologies for that noted
Chewy nice post there i agree totally, there are low rates and then there is taking the piss and these guys are defo the later.
Hey zoey, just to correct you with your assumptions. The rov industry is not so messed up because ray and me. Its got to do with the low oil price - I repeat - l o w o i l p r i c e.
Getting all fired up over some posts is definitely not good for your health - breath in.........breath out , but then I could not care less.
Clearly you don't understand your position in the global oil industry, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! 😝
Thanks Chewy, great advice. I'm new to free swimmers ( used to XLX family and sub Atlantic in general) and I'm about to start on some aquaculture work away from O&G for a while. I had mulled over the clump weight idea but agree that there is a risk that the tether could gather up, especially as it's just me operating ( ie no tether monkey). I'm quite prepared to go and see how it goes and adapt as necessary, but my prior military background still creeps in every now and again and suggests to me to seek advice from those whom may have more experience. So, thanks for your advice, it will be logged. 👍🏻
No problem. If you have any other questions let me know.
VROS Marine is currently hiring experienced SMD Quasar personnel for an upcoming project to carry out IRM work.
This contract starts around 2nd quarter of 2016
2 x Supervisors
2 x Pilot
2 x Technicians
Personnel should have five years experience with about 2 - 3 years on vehicle type.
Please send most recent applications with CV to:
Thank you and best regards
VROS Marine Pte Ltd
27 Foch Road, Hoa Nam Building
#03 - 04 Singapore 209264
Having worked with small ROV's that can do 4kts for more than 14 years (I'm pretty sure I know what system you are using...) I can tell you there are really only two times we've ever used clump weights. The first is if you are operating in a strong current and you want to reduce the drag on the ROV (i.e. you put the weight 20M back from the rov, this is your 'expedition' length. Now you aren't affected by the tether drag from the weight to the surface, only what is between the weight and the ROV). The second is when you don't want part of your tether rubbing up against something (say a hull).
If you are inside a fish farm net inspecting the nets or removing the morts, there really is no reason to clump weight the tether. If you have any questions feel free to PM me...
Already discussed on here back in 2014 http://www.rovworld.com/ftopicp-37285.html
Very funny how their name is easily confused with the well known Agency PR Offshore (Proffs).
Many thanks for responding to my request with regards to ROV personnel for Quasar.
While I have responded to most of the people who have send to me their CV. I might have also miss some of you guys in the respond.
I will keep you updated once we have shortlisted the CV and the project is finalize.
Thank you and best regards
hello, any surveyors/data processors on here looking for some spot work in norway? this is not in the oil and gas. it's working for a diving/service company doing some seabed mapping. the main thing is to be able to process data from the teledyne RESON seabats.
The way I've done it is to grab them with the manipulator and either bring them all the way out or if you have a net with a line that you drop them into, then haul the net out...
Bookie and others, if you're interested in how to remove morts from the cage Deep Trekker has recently released a mort retrieval system, which has extensively been tested and proven in fish farms.
Because the ROV can rotate 180 degrees, you scan scoop up the morts really easily to bring them up to the top, or push them to the lift up system.
You can check it out here, there is a video as well:
What number is it ?
Attended the Subsea Expo, in Aberdeen, last week, quite a black picture being painted for 2016 by agencies, operators, equipment suppliers and manufacturers alike.
Good to catch up with some old faces though, although my sore head might not agree!!.
I hope all my friends and colleagues past, present and future manage to secure gainful employment throughout the year.
PS: "windfarms in Helgoland have a full inspection program kicking off in April/May"
No need to, he won't be posting anymore
Read it, Didn't touch it, I'm a very old man, and this ain't my first barbeque!!!
Must have Schilling HD experience
Please contact us ASAP.
Please send an in date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope it helps someone
I did, got laid off, no work blah blah blah. After all the years with the knuckle heads, happy though the experience remains. Got out of ROVs and straight into Instrumentation on FPSOs-Angola. I had an Electronics qualification when I started ROVs anyhow. Unlike most of pple I worked with had nothing just happened to know someone who worked in Aberdeen office and they got the job, you know the type, backstabbing, d*@k sucking shite.
Anyone in Norway selling used T4 and Rigmaster ?
Please contact me.
Only scans when you turn clockwise followed by counterclockwise